What’s on this week?
- Karate Kids at lunch
- Ukulele Kids at lunch
- Chess at lunch and after school
- Junior Makerspace (Grades 4, 5 and 6) at lunch
- Forest of Reading at Lunch
- Eco Club Meeting at Lunch
- Young Women on the Move
- Pizza Lunch!
- Character Ed Assembly
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Attention students in grades 4, 5 and 6! If you are interested in joining this year’s yearbook committee, please come to the library for a brief meeting this morning at recess. Bring your outdoor gear as you will be going outside. Ms. Kopka
- Congratulations A, C and E in Rm 26 and L in Rm 17 who knew the new phrase in O Canada that replaces “all thy son’s command” is “all of us command. Please see Ms. Bailey for your prize. The new question is now posted in the music room and will be up for two weeks.
Please remember to work together
Have a WONDERFUL Wednesday!