What’s on this month?
- Wednesday, April 11th is The International Day of Pink. It is a day where communities across the country, and across the world, can unite in celebrating diversity and raising awareness to stop homophobia, transphobia, transmisogyny, and all forms of bullying. Gledhill staff and students are encouraged to wear pink to show their support. Also, the Grade 5s and 6’s will be putting on a bake sale from 11 to 11:30am that day. Baked goods will be available for students Grades 1 through 6 to purchase at prices of $0.25, $0.50, $0.75 or $1.00. All proceeds will go towards The International Day of Pink – https://dayofpink.org
- Thursday, April 19th is the next Gledhill School Council Meeting.
- Friday, April 27th is the next Pizza Lunch
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Choir members! Please return your bus trip forms by Friday for our mass rehearsal next week.
- Congratulations to the Gledhill co-ed volleyball team for coming in first in yesterday’s tournament. Team – come see Mrs Pace at morning recess for what’s happening next.
- Yearbook committee meets today in the library at 11:45. Please eat your lunch in the lunch room and wait for a teacher to pick you up.
- Spirit squad meets this afternoon at recess. See you then (Ms Ahmad and Miss Sorin)
- All students participating in Karate Kids today must bring their outdoor clothes. You will be going outside to join your classes at 12:30.
Please remember that working together makes tasks easier!
Have a WONDEROUS Wednesday!