Please Note: The next Pizza lunch is Friday, April 27. (It was incorrectly printed as April 20th on the first April Calendar that was emailed home)
What’s on this week:
- Makerspace (Grade 1)
- Sight and Sound Testing
- Forest of Reading at Lunch
- Eco Club Meeting at Lunch
- Young Women on the Move
- Choir Excursion
Coming up next week:
- Wednesday, April 18th – 6:30pm– DA Morrison Information Night – for current Gledhill families of Grade 5s and 6s who will be attending DA Morrison in Sept 2018. Taking place at DA Morrison School, it will be a chance for families to have a tour of the school, meet staff members, learn about programs and ask questions.
- Thursday, April 19th: 6-7:30pm – Gledhill School Council Meeting – Gledhill School Library. Pizza and childcare provided.
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Grade 1 Makerspace meets today at lunch.
- The new session of Eco-Club meets today. Bring your lunch to Rm 6.
- A message re: Battery and Marker Recycling – The battery bin will be picked up soon. Please bring any batteries for recycling to our drum by Friday, April 20th for a final count. You can also bring your old makers to the box in the front hallway. They will be collected and brought to Staples at the end of the year .
Mr Currie talked about:
- Days of Significance
- Wearing your gear
- Sight and Sound Testing today
You must be logged in to post a comment.