What’s on this week:
- International Day of Pink – A day where communities across the country, and across the world, can unite in celebrating diversity and raising awareness to stop homophobia, transphobia, transmisogyny, and all forms of bullying. Gledhill staff and students are encouraged to wear pink to show their support. Also, the Grade 5s and 6s will be putting on a bake sale from 11 to 11:30am that day. Baked goods will be available for students Grades 1 through 6 to purchase at prices of $0.25, $0.50, $0.75 or $1.00. All proceeds will go towards The International Day of Pink – https://dayofpink.org
- Ukulele Kids
- Karate Kids at lunch
- Chess Tournament
- Sight and Sound Testing
- Forest of Reading at Lunch
- Eco Club Meeting at Lunch
- Young Women on the Move
- Choir Excursion
Coming up next week:
- Wednesday, April 18th – 6:30pm– DA Morrison Information Night – for current Gledhill families of Grade 5s and 6s who will be attending DA Morrison in Sept 2018. Taking place at DA Morrison School, it will be a chance for families to have a tour of the school, meet staff members, learn about programs and ask questions.
- Thursday, April 19th: 6-7:30pm – Gledhill School Council Meeting – Gledhill School Library. Pizza and childcare provided.
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- A message to the new Eco-Club members. Ms Roshi and Mme Leclerc look forward to meeting you tomorrow at lunch. Please bring your lunch and permission forms to Rm 6 tomorrow at 11:35. See you soon Eco-Tigers!
- Yearbook Committee meets today at 11:45am in the library.
Mr Currie talked about:
- International Day of Pink Day Pic
- Days of Significance
- Meeting time and place for Junior Chess team
- Apples are in the office!
Please remember to respect other people’s beliefs.
Have a PROLIFIC Pink Day!