What’s on this week?
- Primary Makerspace (Grade 1) at lunch (Cancelled today due to construction)
- Band and Strings
- Forest of Reading at Lunch
- Eco Club Meeting at Lunch
- Young Women on the Move
- Gledhill School Council Meeting – Gledhill School Library. 6 – 7:30pm. Guest speaker Michelle Aarts from PIAC discusses navigating the TDSB. (See more HERE) Pizza and childcare provided.
- Earth Day – Wear Blue and Green
- Last day to drop off your used batteries which will be recycled properly. This keeps harmful chemicals out of our water and soil. Do your spring cleaning and bring those batteries in!
- Gledhill Track Day – Postponed to April 26 due to field conditions
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Apologies to the Choir for the last minute cancellation! We are trying to work out a make up day. Please return your 3 forms to Mrs. Bailey ASAP.
- Track & Field Day is now April 26th.
- Grade 1 Makerspace will be cancelled today because the library is not available at lunch.
- Eco Club will meet today at lunch outside Rm 6 with Mme Leclerc and Mme Roshi.
- A message from the Eco Club – Dear staff, students and parents, there is only 1 more school day to drop off your used batteries which will be recycled properly. This keeps harmful chemicals out of our water and soil. Do your spring cleaning and bring those batteries in soon! Battery collection ends this Friday! Thanks.