What’s on in May?
Friday, May 11 – Gledhill’s Annual Dance-a-thon (JK – Gr 6)
Friday, May 11 – Movie Night
Tuesday, May 15 – School Council Meeting
Thursday, May 17 – Gledhill’s 2nd Annual STEM Fair (see details below)
Tuesday, May 22 – Special Folk Fest
Wednesday, May 23 – Spring Concert
What’s on this week?
- Eco Club’s “Walking Wednesday”
- Rm 25 at McCordic School
- Ukulele Kids
- Karate Kids at lunch
- Primary Chess Room 5
- Primary Makerspace (Grade 1) at lunch
- Band and Strings
- Eco Club Meeting at Lunch
- Primary Chess – Rm 8
- Junior Chess – Afterschool
- Young Women on the Move
- Grade 6 C0-Ed Ultimate @ Danforth Tech
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- A message from the Eco-Club. Today is Walking Wednesday. Were you able to walk to school today? There are so many good reasons to walk to school it’s hard to name them all!
- Mr Webb needs all the Ultimate Team members for a brief meeting at 11:30. You will eat in the lunch rooms after the meeting.
- Yearbook Committee meets today at 11:45.
Have a WACKY Wednesday!