What’s on this week?
- Pizza Lunch
- Jump Hope for Heart
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Eco Club: Thanks to all those who have participated in Bike to School week. We “caught” 76 students and staff biking to school today. We also caught 10 students riding scooters. This is great for keeping the air clean and staying healthy!
- We are starting to collect all of our library books today. All books are due back by June 5th.
- We will be taking group photos for the yearbook at recess in the Library. The following teams please report to the library at 1:55: Kindie Helpers, Prefects, Girls and Boys Soccer Teams and Slo-pitch teams.
- Next Tuesday, June 5th is Gledhill’s Bike Rally for grades 1-6. Forms going home in backpacks yesterday and today. Extra forms with further details can be found HERE
Mr Currie talked about:
- Days of Significance
- Bike Rally
- Weather – drinking water, breaks, shade and sunscreen
Have a TERRIFIC Tuesday!