Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- A reminder to track & field athletes: We have practice Monday at 8:00am (Ms. Pace/Mr.Webb).
- A message from Eco Club: Handing in your bike rally permission forms is a great way to end off bike-to-school week! You will be ready for more safe riding!
Mr. Currie talked about:
- Days of Significance
- Weather: use and reapply sunscreen as required, stay in the shade, hydrate (use our handy bottle-filling station by the gym!)
- Please hand in Bike Rally forms
- Jump Rope for Heart is today