What’s coming up?
- Tomorrow, Wednesday, October 3rd – Cross Country Meet at Ashbridges Bay – GO GLEDHILL!
- Thursday, October 4th – Deadline for PIZZA LUNCH orders. (Grades 1 through 6) They can be placed online at sagoto.com/gsc/pizza OR by printing off a form HERE and returning it to the office with payment
- October 1-4 – Grade 5s at Island School
- October 5th – PA Day
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Hello Gledhill! Tomorrow is “International Walk to School Day” We hope to see lots of you walking to school! Don’t worry, it’s not supposed to rain tomorrow, but even if it does, find a buddy and do your heart and the air quality some good. Thanks for listening – from The Eco Team!
- Would all cross country runners who have not picked up their jersey yet, please meet Ms Smith in the front of the lunchroom today at 11:30? Also, just a reminder that we will be meeting at the benches near the baseball diamond for 8:40 AM tomorrow, then leaving for the meet at 9 AM.
- Thank you for all your Terry Fox donations!