What’s coming up?
- Today, October 15th – Cross Country Conference Finals
- Tuesday October 16th – Gledhill School Council Meeting- 6pm -7:30pm – Pizza and Childcare will be provided. Agenda Items for this meeting include Hot Lunch Program Proposal and Council Budget Discussion. Check out the full agenda HERE
- Friday, October 19th – Spirit Day “Hair Gone Wild”
- Friday, October 19th – First Pizza Lunch (Gr1 – Gr5)
- Thursday, October 25th – Picture Retake Day
- Friday, November 23rd will be be Silent Auction and 90s Night Dance Party at the Royal Canadian Legion . Tickets can be purchased online at www.sagoto.com/gsc/party
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Hi Gledhill. It’s that time of year again. It’s time to recycle your very DEAD batteries. Let’s keep SCARY chemicals out of our water and soil, bring DEAD batteries from home if you have them. (Please note car batteries are not accepted) Thanks -From the Eco Team.
- Apples are available in the office.
- Ukulele is today for USchool participants. First year players will go to Rm 9 and second year players to the Music Room. Remember to bring your lunch, music folder and ukulele at 11:30.
- Primary Choir is tomorrow.