What’s coming up?
- TONIGHT, Tuesday October 16th – Gledhill School Council Meeting- 6pm -7:30pm – Pizza and Childcare will be provided. Agenda Items for this meeting include Hot Lunch Program Proposal and Council Budget Discussion. Check out the full agenda HERE
- Friday, October 19th – Spirit Day “Hair Gone Wild”
- Friday, October 19th – First Pizza Lunch (Gr1 – Gr5)
- Thursday, October 25th – Picture Retake Day
- Friday, November 23rd will be be Silent Auction and 90s Night Dance Party at the Royal Canadian Legion . Tickets can be purchased online at www.sagoto.com/gsc/party
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- The Spirit Squad has exciting news! This Friday is our first Spirit Day – “Hair Gone Wild”. Show off your craziest hairstyle this Friday!
- The Spirit Squad will be meeting on Thursday at lunch to plan more fun for you!
- (From Ms Smith) I would like to congratulate Gledhill’s Cross Country Team on a wonderful day at Ashbridge’s Bay yesterday for the South Conference Finals. Once again I am very proud of how everyone behaved and the effort you put forth especially since it was cold and rainy. In the Grade 3’s race we had a student place 10th and also had three Grade 4 and 5 students who advanced to the City of Toronto Finals on Thursday, October 25th by placing 1st, 2nd and 11th in their races! (names of students were read on the announcements but are withheld here for privacy purposes).