What’s coming up?
- Friday, October 19th – Spirit Day “Hair Gone Wild”
- Friday, October 19th – First Pizza Lunch (Gr1 – Gr5)
- Thursday, October 25th – Picture Retake Day
- Friday, November 23rd will be be Silent Auction and 90s Night Dance Party at the Royal Canadian Legion . Tickets can be purchased online at www.sagoto.com/gsc/party
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Good morning Gledhill! Did you know that October is International Walk to School month?It’s a great way to keep our air clean, stay health and have a chat with friends along the way. Teachers, please find out how many students walked to school today and send the survey back to Mme. Leclerc. Thanks for thinking of the environment.
- Best of luck to or Junior Boys Soccer team tomorrow when they play for a chance to go to the South Conference Finals on Oct 23rd! They’ve been committed all season and are playing some very skilled soccer.
- For a list of upcoming teams, please visit Mr. Webb’s website. Updates are done weekly. (Mr. Webb)
Note: These announcements are typed up daily and posted by a parent volunteer on the Gledhill School Council’s Communications Committee. Edits or omissions are made occasionally to protect the privacy of students.