What’s coming up?
November is Empathy Month
- Wednesday, November 14th – Progress Reports go home.
- Thursday, November 15th – Parent/Teacher Conferences – PM
- Friday, November 16th – PA Day and Parent/Teacher Conferences – AM
- November 14 through November 21 – Scholastic Book Fair in the library. Our librarian, Ms Kopka, is looking for volunteers. Check times and sign up HERE
- Thursday, November 22nd – Gledhill School Council Meeting 6pm-7:30pm in the library
- Friday, November 23rd – Silent Auction and 90s Night Dance Party at the Royal Canadian Legion . Tickets can be purchased online at www.sagoto.com/gsc/party
- Monday, November 26th – Character Ed Assembly (All are welcome)
- Friday, November 30th – Pizza Lunch (Gr 1-5)
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- A message from the Eco Team: Hi everyone, we all know that plastic bags are causing big problems for animals in our lakes, rivers and oceans. We invite you to email Mme. Leclerc a photo of one of your family members shopping for groceries with reusable bags. We will post your photo on the Eco Club board and enter you in a draw for an Eco Friendly Prize.
- USchool Ukulele classes today at lunch.
- Students – this is a message for you! All posters and poems for the Remembrance Day contest are due in Rm 30 by Friday. Make sure you have a permission form!
Note: These announcements are typed up daily and posted by a parent volunteer on the Gledhill School Council’s Communications Committee. Edits or omissions are made occasionally to protect the privacy of students.