Note: Shout out to Gledhill parent Erin for once again adding her touch to the school’s front entrance. It’s starting to look very festive with more to be added soon. Also, thanks to The Beaches Lions Club for donating a tree (coming next week) and the greenery for the planters -See photos below
What’s coming up?
- Friday, November 30th – Pizza Lunch (Gr 1-5)
- Friday, November 30th – Girls Grade 4/5 Basketball Tournament at Gledhill
- Wednesday, December 5th – Winter Concerts:
- JK/SK Concert at 2 pm (Kindie Ukulele Kids and the Musical “The Very, Very Gingerbread Men”)
- Grades 1-5 Concert at 6:30pm. (Rms 6, 8, 9, 14, 20, 21, 22, 26 and 28, Primary Choir and USchool Ukulele will perform)
- Friday, December 7th – PA Day
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Primary Choir is today at 11:45.
- Boys Volleyball team can you please meet Mrs Pace in the gym at morning recess.
- Two messages from the Eco Club:
- -There are a few more days to send a photo of you or your family shopping with reusable bags. There will be a prize drawn for participants. Last Day is this Friday. – check the Eco Club bulletin board to see who has already sent in a photo. Mme Leclerc is waiting for your photos. Thanks! firstname.lastname@example.org
- Here at Gledhill we don’t like litter and waste. It’s harmful and it impacts animals, plants and people. 2 weeks ago, Rm 29 conducted a waste audit in the big lunch room. We noticed that many of us are using the green bin properly by putting in apple and pear cores, bread and other items. Sometimes you my not be sure what to do with your lunch waste and that’s OK. Please check the sign by the green bin to make the right choice. Thank you for your cooperation!
Note: These announcements are typed up daily and posted by a parent volunteer on the Gledhill School Council’s Communications Committee. Edits or omissions are made occasionally to protect the privacy of students.