Note to parents: While you are in the school for concerts tomorrow, don’t forget to check out the lost and found in the school basement. It is overflowing with lost clothing, footwear and lunch gear!
What’s coming up?
Both Winter Concerts are taking place tomorrow – Wednesday, December 5th:
- JK/SK Concert is at 2 pm – The Kindie classes will be performing a Musical “The Very, Very Gingerbread Men” and the Kindie Ukulele Kids will also be performing.
The school council will be providing complementary coffee and tea before the Kindie concert (Bring your reusable mug)
- Grades 1-5 Concert is at 6:30pm – Rms 6, 8, 9, 14, 20, 21, 22, 26 and 28, Primary Choir and USchool Ukulele will all perform.
The school council wants to help make your concert evening a little less crazy by organizing a selection of yummy options to keep tummies full during the concert. Pizza and a potluck table of sweet and savoury treats will be available for purchase starting at 5:30pm (concert starts at 6:30).
Donations of food and baking can be dropped off at the school office Wednesday morning. Thank you for your help!
All proceeds go to support school council programs like Scientist in School and Drama with Jeff.
- Friday, December 7th – PA Day
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- A huge congratulations to the boys volleyball team who placed 2nd in their tournament and will move on to face Eglinton PS next week. GO TIGERS! – Mrs Pace
- Thank you Gledhill! The toys and mittens in the front hall look great! Please keep the toys and mittens coming until December 19th. Many thanks from Centre 55.
- There will be a GAC (Gledhill Athletics Club) meeting today at the gym office just before you eat lunch.
- This year we have decided to collect gently used sports equipment that can be put to use by someone else. Balls, gloves, skates etc that are still in good condition or that you maybe have never used and are around your house can be brought in and placed in the bin outside the gym office. The GAC are deciding how best to use the items. Thank you. – Mr Webb
Note: These announcements are typed up daily and posted by a parent volunteer on the Gledhill School Council’s Communications Committee. Edits or omissions are made occasionally to protect the privacy of students.