Note to parents: If you were not in the school for concerts today don’t forget to check out the lost and found in the school basement before the holidays. It is overflowing with lost clothing, footwear and lunch gear and all items left behind will be donated to charity over the holidays if not claimed.
What’s coming up?
- Friday, December 7th – PA Day
- Tuesday, December 11th – Gledhill Council Meeting – will include presentations by potential hot lunch providers
- Friday, December 14th – Family Movie Night -“Arthur Christmas”
- Friday, December 21st – Spirit Day – PJ Day and last day before the holidays
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Boys volleyball practice is tomorrow morning at 8:15am – Mrs Pace
- Thank you Gledhill! The toys and mittens in the front hall look great! Please keep the toys and mittens coming until December 19th. Many thanks from Centre 55.
- This year we have decided to collect gently used sports equipment that can be put to use by someone else. Balls, gloves, skates etc that are still in good condition or that you maybe have never used and are around your house can be brought in and placed in the bin outside the gym office. The GAC are deciding how best to use the items. Thank you. – Mr Webb
Note: These announcements are typed up daily and posted by a parent volunteer on the Gledhill School Council’s Communications Committee. Edits or omissions are made occasionally to protect the privacy of students.