What’s coming up?
- Thursday, Jan 17th – School Council Meeting at 6pm – All parents are welcome and encouraged to attend!
- Friday, Jan 18th – PA Day
- Wednesday, Jan 30th – Character Education Assembly 10:30 am – All Welcome!
- Friday, Feb 1st – Pizza Lunch
- Sunday, Feb 10th – Gledhill Goes to the Marlies – Tickets can be purchased online at www. sagoto.ca/gsc/marlies
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- A message from the Eco Club: Winter is really here! This is the time of year when Canadians use a lot of energy which can cause extra pollution. This week we will share some energy saving tips which could also save you money!
- Yesterday’s tip: Close the door and keep doors closed unless someone is going in or out at the moment.
- Today’s tip: Using less electricity creates less air pollution. At home you can save energy by turning down your thermostat and wearing a warm sweater and toasty slippers. You will save money and help keep the air cleaner!
- Choir forms for the Marlies singers are to be returned to Mrs. Bailey. You have until next Tuesday.
Note: These announcements are typed up daily and posted by a parent volunteer on the Gledhill School Council’s Communications Committee. Edits or omissions are made occasionally to protect the privacy of students.