What’s coming up?
- Friday, Jan 18th – PA Day
- Wednesday, Jan 30th – Character Education Assembly 10:30 am – All Welcome!
- Friday, Feb 1st – Pizza Lunch
- Sunday, Feb 10th – Gledhill Goes to the Marlies – Tickets can be purchased online at www. sagoto.ca/gsc/marlies
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Reminder that tomorrow is a PA Day
- Eco Club meets today at lunch in Rm 6
- Today’s Eco Club Tip: We know days are shorter in winter and that we need to turn on lights more often. You can save energy and money if you turn off the lights when you leave a room. Thanks for thinking of the environment!
- Choir forms for the Marlies singers are to be returned to Mrs. Bailey. You have until next Tuesday.
Note: These announcements are typed up daily and posted by a parent volunteer on the Gledhill School Council’s Communications Committee. Edits or omissions are made occasionally to protect the privacy of students.