What’s coming up?
- Wednesday, January 23rd –Karate Kids begins
- Wednesday, Jan 30th – Character Education Assembly 10:30 am – All Welcome!
- Friday, Feb 1st – Pizza Lunch and Spirit Day “For the love of animals” (Feathers, furs, tails, ears or prints)
- Sunday, Feb 10th – Gledhill Goes to the Marlies – Tickets can be purchased online (order deadline is Feb 1st) at www. sagoto.ca/gsc/marlies
- Thursday, February 14th – Spirit Day – Valentine’s Day – (Wear red, pink or white.)
- February 14th and 15th – Parent Teacher Interviews
- Friday, February 15th – PA Day
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Reminder to all students interested in singing the national anthem at the upcoming Feb 10th Marlies Game, your first rehearsal is today at lunch. Don’t forget your permission forms and ticket money.
- Eco Club has a message: Plastic is cheap and easy to turn into many different forms during manufacturing and is strong and durable. It is used everywhere and it’s unfortunately damaging our planet. Animals, plants and people are affected by plastic. Today we would like you to think of one thing that you can do to avoid using plastic. Lets help rid the world of plastic, one wrapper at a time. Thank you for listening.
Note: These announcements are typed up daily and posted by a parent volunteer on the Gledhill School Council’s Communications Committee. Edits or omissions are made occasionally to protect the privacy of students.