What’s coming up?
- Tomorrow, Feb 1st –LAST DAY to purchase tickets to Gledhill Goes to the Marlies Tickets can be purchased online at www. sagoto.ca/gsc/marlies
- This week – Monday, Jan 28 to Friday, Feb 1st – Gledhill’s Skate Drive – bins will be located in front of the main and gym offices. All sizes of children’s and youth skates are needed for Gledhill’s Skate Day collection. NOTE: Unfortunately, we can not accept used helmet donations.
- Friday, Feb 1st – Pizza Lunch and Spirit Day “For the love of animals” (Feathers, furs, tails, ears or prints)
- Thursday, February 14th – Spirit Day – Valentine’s Day – (Wear red, pink or white.)
- February 14th and 15th – Parent Teacher Interviews
- Friday, February 15th – PA Day
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Read Aloud Club for Grades 1 and 2 meets today in the library at 11:45. Students, eat your lunch in the lunchroom or daycare first. Ms Kopka will come pick you up and bring you to the library at 11:45. Bring all your outdoor clothes with you as you will be going outside for recess.
- Forest of Reading meet sat 11:45 today. Students, eat your lunch in the lunchroom or daycare first and wait to be picked up. Bring all your outdoor clothes with you as you will be joining your classes outside at 12:30.
- Eco Club will have its last meeting for this session today at 11:45 in RM 6
- A message from the Eco Club: Did you know that when it’s cold out, chickadees and cardinals fluff their feathers to trap air and stay warmer? We don’t have feathers, but we can wear more layers of clothing and trap warm air near our bodies when we are out in the cold. Hope you have fun playing in the snow!
Note: These announcements are typed up daily and posted by a parent volunteer on the Gledhill School Council’s Communications Committee. Edits or omissions are made occasionally to protect the privacy of students.