What’s coming up?
- April’s Character Education Trait is Co-operation
- April 10- Day of Pink
- April 15 – School Track Day
- April 16- Parent Council Meeting at 6pm. All are welcome. Childcare and pizza provided
- April 25- Grade 5 Information night at DA Morrison
- April 26- Dance-A-Thon
- April 26 – Gledhill Movie Night – Earth Day Edition – Disney’s “Bears”
- April 30- Character Education Assembly at 1030am. All are welcome!
- April 30 – French Book Fair
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
“I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Uschool Ukulele at lunch today.
- Sight & Sound is here today for screening.
- Hi, we’re from the Eco-Club! Did you know this is National Wildlife week? The World Wildlife organization challenges each person to make one promise to help protect wildlife. What will your promise be? Thanks for thinking of the animals!
- This Wednesday, April 10th is The Day of Pink. Wear PINK and STAND UP against BULLYING. Gledhill is also having “The Great Pink Day Bake Sale” from 10:45-11:30am. Treats will range in price from $0.25 to $1.00. and be available for Grades 1 and older to purchase. All proceeds go to www.dayofpink.org
Note: These announcements are typed up daily and posted by a parent volunteer on the Gledhill School Council’s Communications Committee. Edits or omissions are made occasionally to protect the privacy of student identities.