April’s Character Education Trait is Co-operation
What’s coming up?
- Tuesday, April 23- Track and Field Day
- Thursday, April 25- Grade 5 Information night at DA Morrison at 6:30 pm
- Friday, April 26 – Coffee & Conversation 8-9:30am
- Friday, April 26- Dance-A-Thon (see full details)
- Friday, April 26 – Gledhill Movie Night – Earth Day Edition – Disney’s “Bears” Doors open at 6, movie starts at 6:30pm
- Tuesday, April 30- Character Education Assembly at 1030am. All are welcome!
- Tuesday, April 30 – French Book Fair
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
“I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- All school track and feild takes place today. Have fun! Mrs. Pace
- Mme Willoughby has an announcement. A reminder that toys from home such as Beyblades and trading cards such as Pokemon are not allowed at school.
- Day of Pink Bake Sale total was $1320.65!
- Eco Club message: The battery recycle bin near the main office will be picked up sometime in the next week or so. If you have batteres to recycle please bring them by tomorrow or you might miss your chance for this year. Thanks for keeping harmful chemicals out of our water and soil.
Note: These announcements are typed up daily and posted by a parent volunteer on the Gledhill School Council’s Communications Committee. Edits or omissions are made occasionally to protect the privacy of student identities.