April’s Character Education Trait is Co-operation
What’s coming up?
- Friday April 26- Wear Green and Blue to celebrate our beautiful earth
- Friday, April 26- Dance-A-Thon (see full details)
- Friday, April 26 – Gledhill Movie Night – Earth Day Edition – Disney’s “Bears” Doors open at 6, movie starts at 6:30pm
- Tuesday, April 30- Character Education Assembly at 1030am. All are welcome!
- Tuesday, April 30 – French Book Fair
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
“I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Hi! From the Eco-Club! Did you know tonight is the Gledhill Movie night? The Gledhill Parent Council and the Eco-team, in honour of Earth Day, present “Bears”, a Disney nature film. The movie showcases a year in the life of a bear family in Alaska- mother Sky teaches her two impressionable cubs, Amber and Scout who are learning to live life in one of the planet’s last great wildernesses. Doors open this evening at 6pm in the Gledhill gym. Cost is $1 per person. Pizza and popcorn will be for sale and cash donations are being collected to support Eco-Club initiatives. Thanks for listening!
- Today is the last day to recycle used batteries for this year at Gledhill. Send them today or miss your chance!
- Due to the rain, the school cleanup will be postponed for Monday. Thank you!
- The ETT lunch meeting with be in the library at 11:30
- For ay athletes still interested in trying out for the track team, please see Mr. Webb today. Final testing will take place Monday.
Note: These announcements are typed up daily and posted by a parent volunteer on the Gledhill School Council’s Communications Committee. Edits or omissions are made occasionally to protect the privacy of student identities.