What’s coming up?
- Today, Tuesday May 14th- Kickoff Assembly for the Jump Rope for Heart
- Thursday, May 16th – Gledhill School Council Meeting 6-7:30pm. Everyone is welcome. Childcare and pizza provided. (See agenda HERE)
- Monday May 20th- NO SCHOOL- Victoria Day
- Friday May 24- Gledhill Spirit Day – wear your Gledhill spirit wear or Gledhill colours
- Wednesday May 29- Character Ed Assembly
- Friday, May 31 – Deadline for ordering Argos tickets
- Wednesday June 5th- Spring Concert 6:30pm
- Friday June 14th- Gledhill Family Fest
- Monday, June 24th – Grade 5 Graduation Ceremony – AM
Reminder that there is a bin in the office for donations of supplies to “Gledhill Gives Back”
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
“I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Junior Choir is today at lunch.
- Concert Decorating Committee meets Wednesday at lunch.
- Jump Rope for Heart kick of ceremony is today at 10:30am. Pledge forms and letters are ready to go home.
- Reminder to all students on any Gledhill athletic team that updates for practices are on Mr Webb’s website. Please check each morning as the weather is sometimes too wet and if practice is cancelled it will say so on the website.
- All grade 4 and 5 boys interested in playing Ultimate Frisbee please come to the gym at recess (Mrs Pace)
Note: These announcements are typed up daily and posted by a parent volunteer on the Gledhill School Council’s Communications Committee. Edits or omissions are made occasionally to protect the privacy of student identities.