What’s coming up?
- Monday Sept 9th – Thursday Sept 12th- X-Movement
- TODAY- Thursday Sept 12th– Curriculum Night – 5-6pm: X-Movement, 6-7pm: Visit the Classroom, 7-730pm: Family Terry Fox Walk
- Thursday Sept 19th– Parent Council Meeting and 2019/2020 Council Executive Election in the library at 6pm.
- Friday Sept 27th– School Terry Fox Walk at 10:30am
- Monday Sept 30th– Orange T-Shirt Day
- Good morning! Please stand for the land acknowledgement and remain standing for O Canada
- We acknowledge we are hosted on the lands of the Mississaugas of the Anishinaabe , the Haudenosaunee Confederacy and the Wendat. We also recognize the enduring presence of all First Nations, Metis and Inuit Peoples.
- O Canada
- Please be seated, Make sure you are listening and taking note of anything that is relevant to you.
- Today is Thursday Sept 11 and it is Day 3 in our schedule. Our character theme for September is Respect and here is something to think about. “One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” – Bryan H.McGill
- Thank you for listening, here are the morning announcements:
- Curriculum Night Event 2019- Once again on Curriculum Night, we will sell glow necklaces for $2. As you heard at the school assembly, we are looking to change things up this year! So, we encourage you to bring a flashlight and wear a bright coloured shirt to help light up the night to support the fight against cancer! We are selling the rest of the glow necklaces we currently have and will no longer sell them after this event, as we work towards lessening our negative impact on the environment. The sale of glow necklaces will take place right after school that day, and if there are any left, we will sell them at night! See you September 12th. Please take part in this important event and bring the whole family! We will meet outside in the backyard of the school, immediately following Curriculum night. Proceeds will go to the Terry Fox Foundation. Let’s work on beating our goal of $5000!
- Thank you to Team 1 and Team 2 for a fantastic kick-off game to our Bordenball season. Next week Team 3 and Team 4 face off. Rain or shine! – Ms. Pace
- Friday morning at 8:15am girls soccer try-outs. All girls in Grades 4 and 5 welcome. Rain or shine. – Ms. Pace
- Ms. Bambrick has an announcement: Announcement re: Curriculum Night tonight
- have a Thoughtful Thursday!
Note: These announcements are typed up daily and posted by a parent volunteer on the Gledhill School Council’s Communications Committee. Edits or omissions are made occasionally to protect the privacy of student identities.