What’s coming up?
- Tuesday October 8th- Picture Day
- Friday October 11th– PA Day – NO SCHOOL!
- Monday October 14th– Thanksgiving – NO SCHOOL!
- Good morning! Please stand for the Land Acknowledgement and our National Anthem.
- We acknowledge we are hosted on the lands of the Mississaugas of the Anishinaabe , the Haudenosaunee Confederacy and the Wendat. We also recognize the enduring presence of all First Nations, Metis and Inuit Peoples.
- O Canada
- Please be seated. Make sure you are listening to anything that is relevant to you.
- Today is Friday October 4th and it is Day 4 in our schedule. Our character theme for October is Responsibility and here is something to think about. “If you take responsibility for yourself, you will develop a hunger to accomplish your dream.” – Les Brown
- From Ms. Smith: I would like to congratulate Gledhill’s Cross Country Team on a wonderful day at Ashbridges Bay yesterday, even in spite of the weather. I am very proud of the effort you all put forth this season. In the Grade 2 boys’ race, _____ came in 2nd. In the girls’ event, ____ was our only runner and represented our school SO well! We also have a number of students who advanced to the Conference Finals on Thursday, October 17th. They are: Grade 3 Boys: ____ (9th place) Grade 3 Girls: _____ (4th place) Grade 4 Boys: ____ (21st place) Grade 4 Girls: ____ (1st place) ____ (7th place) ____(26th place) Grade 5 Girls: ____ (26th place) Grade 5 Boys: ____ (1 st place) ____ (2nd place). Great job everyone! Please prepare to meet me for the next round of practices on Monday the 7th at 8:00 a.m.
Note: These announcements are typed up daily and posted by a parent volunteer on the Gledhill School Council’s Communications Committee. Edits or omissions are made occasionally to protect the privacy of student identities. Some days part of the announcements are read by the students in French. For the purposes of these posts, announcements will be in English.