What’s coming up?
- Friday October 25th – Friday November 1st– “Scare away hunger food drive”– more info to follow
- TOMORROW – Thursday October 31st @ 1215pm- Parent Council Halloween Parade Coffee Social in the Kindie Triangle! Bring your own reusable mug!
- TOMORROW – Thursday October 31st @ 1245pm – Hallowe’en Parade
- Friday November 1st- Last day to order pizza lunches for Grades 1-5 online www.Sagoto.com/gsc/pizza
- Tuesday November 5th- Picture retake day
- Thursday November 14th from 330-6pm- Special Family Event- Scholastic Book Fair. Volunteers needed from 330-6pm http://bit.ly/scholastic18
- Thursday November 14th – Thursday Nov 21st – Scholastic Book Fair in the school library. Volunteers needed from 830-1140am http://bit.ly/scholastic18
- Friday November 15th – Last day to buy Marlies tickets
- Thursday November 21st 6-730pm- Parent Council Mtg in school library. All are welcome. Child care and pizza will be provided
- Saturday November 30th @ 130pm – Marlies Game at Scotiabank arena.
Highlights from today’s announcements:
- Good morning! Please stand for the Land Acknowledgement and our National Anthem.
- We acknowledge we are hosted on the lands of the Mississaugas of the Anishinaabe , the Haudenosaunee Confederacy and the Wendat. We also recognize the enduring presence of all First Nations, Metis and Inuit Peoples.
- O Canada
- Please be seated. Make sure you are listening to anything that is relevant to you.
- Today is Wednesday October 30th and it is Day 5 in our schedule. Our character theme for October is Responsibility and here is something to think about. “Eventually we all have to accept full and total responsibility for our actions, everything we have done and have not done.” – Hubert Selby
- What spectacular fun at Gledhill! Room 22 and 14 are looking scary. We can’t wait to see all the doors decorated. The judges will be coming around on Friday afternoon to look for the most creative and spooktacular door design.
- Reminder to wear your costume tomorrow afternoon only for the parade and festivities. No masks, wands or weapons.
- Thank you to all teachers for accepting the “We Scare Hunger” Reps into your class. Thank you to anyone who has made a donation to help feed families in our communities.
Note: These announcements are typed up daily and posted by a parent volunteer on the Gledhill School Council’s Communications Committee. Edits or omissions are made occasionally to protect the privacy of student identities. Some days part of the announcements are read by the students in French. For the purposes of these posts, announcements will be in English
You must be logged in to post a comment.