What’s coming up?
- Friday October 25th – Friday November 1st– “Scare away hunger food drive”– Gledhill classrooms are collecting food to donate to the Daily Bread Food Bank to help support families in our communities. Please bring non perishable items to the boxes in your classrooms!
- TODAY – Thursday October 31st @ 1215pm- Parent Council Halloween Parade Coffee Social in the Kindie Triangle! Bring your own reusable mug!
- TODAY – Thursday October 31st @ 1245pm – Hallowe’en Parade
- Friday November 1st- Last day to order pizza lunches for Grades 1-5 online www.Sagoto.com/gsc/pizza
- Tuesday November 5th- Picture retake day
- Thursday November 14th from 330-6pm- Special Family Event- Scholastic Book Fair. Volunteers needed from 330-6pm http://bit.ly/scholastic18
- Thursday November 14th – Thursday Nov 21st – Scholastic Book Fair in the school library. Volunteers needed from 830-1140am http://bit.ly/scholastic18
- Friday November 15th – Last day to buy Marlies tickets
- Thursday November 21st 6-730pm- Parent Council Mtg in school library. All are welcome. Child care and pizza will be provided
- Friday November 22nd – Movie Night at Gledhill in the gym- film info to follow
- Saturday November 30th @ 130pm – Marlies Game at Scotiabank arena.
Highlights from today’s announcements:
- Good morning! Please stand for the Land Acknowledgement and our National Anthem.
- We acknowledge we are hosted on the lands of the Mississaugas of the Anishinaabe , the Haudenosaunee Confederacy and the Wendat. We also recognize the enduring presence of all First Nations, Metis and Inuit Peoples.
- O Canada
- Please be seated. Make sure you are listening to anything that is relevant to you.
- Today is Thursday October 31st and it is Day 1 in our schedule. Our character theme for October is Responsibility and here is something to think about. “We’ve got a responsibility to live up to the legacy of those who came before us by doing all that we can to help those who come after us.” – Michelle Obama
- Today’s Hallowe’en Parade will begin this afternoon at 1245pm and we will be having the parade inside. The parade will start with the kindies on the first floor and we will work our way up.
Note: These announcements are typed up daily and posted by a parent volunteer on the Gledhill School Council’s Communications Committee. Edits or omissions are made occasionally to protect the privacy of student identities. Some days part of the announcements are read by the students in French. For the purposes of these posts, announcements will be in English
You must be logged in to post a comment.