What’s coming up?
- TODAY– Thursday Nov 21st – Scholastic Book Fair in the school library. **Volunteers still needed from 830-1140am http://bit.ly/scholastic18
- TOMORROW – Thursday November 21st 6-730pm- Parent Council Mtg in school library. All are welcome. Child care and pizza will be provided
- Friday November 22nd – Movie Night at Gledhill in the gym- “Rise of the Guardians”. Doors open at 6pm and movie starts at 630pm. VOLUNTEERS STILL NEEDED- If you are interested in volunteering to make this might a success, please sign up at https://signup.com/go/RGzhQUX
- Monday November 25th – Character Education Assembly ” Empathy” at 9am in the gym. All are welcome to attend!
- Friday November 29th- Pizza Lunch for those who have pre-ordered in grades 1-5
- Saturday November 30th- Last day for families of Grades 1-5 students to place Pizza Lunch orders for the 2019/20 school year
- Saturday November 30th @ 130pm – Marlies Game at Scotiabank arena.
- Thursday December 12th- Winter Concert.
Highlights from today’s announcements:
- Good morning! Please stand for the Land Acknowledgement and our National Anthem.
- We acknowledge we are hosted on the lands of the Mississaugas of the Anishinaabe , the Haudenosaunee Confederacy and the Wendat. We also recognize the enduring presence of all First Nations, Metis and Inuit Peoples.
- O Canada
- Please be seated. Make sure you are listening to anything that is relevant to you.
- Today is Wednesday November 20th and it is Day 4 in our schedule. Our character theme for November is Empathy and here is something to think about. “The path to gaining respect is paved with knowledge and empathy.” – Evan Brown
- Teachers this is a reminder of our division meeting today at lunch in the library. See you there!
- Wow! We had so many visitors to our Arctic Adventure book fair where there is SNOW much to read. Thank you to all students, parents and staff for supporting this important event! The book fair runs until Thursday November 21. That’s tomorrow! You have 1 more shopping day left. It is open from 830-1130. The book fair will be closed at recess. And now drumroll! The winner of the Scholastic Book Fair is ____ from Rm 3 and their teacher! Congratulations!
Note: These announcements are typed up daily and posted by a parent volunteer on the Gledhill School Council’s Communications Committee. Edits or omissions are made occasionally to protect the privacy of student identities. Some days part of the announcements are read by the students in French. For the purposes of these posts, announcements will be in English.