Date: January 23, 2019
Time: 6:00pm to 7:30pm
Location: Gledhill School Library, 2nd Floor
ALL Parents and Guardians are welcome to attend all or part of the meeting and all are considered members of the Council!
Pizza will be served. Childcare will be provided. If your children are attending, please stay to help clean up the space that they are in when the meeting is over.
Note if the door is locked – please ring the bell and the caretaker will let you in.
6:00pm to 6:15pm – Welcome and introductions
6:15pm to 6:45pm – Principal’s & Committee Updates
- Principal’s Update
- Committee Updates
6:45pm – 7:30pm – Other Items
- Update on job action
- How can Council support teachers and families?
- Any update on impacts to students?
- Determine if we should hold the speaker/workshop on Trauma for the next meeting in February (Feb 18th)
- Promoting kindness and stopping bullying
- Overview of how incidents are handled and what can be done
- Discuss how the Council can help promote, support and positively model relationships and kindness
- Please note: individual incidents will not be discussed to protect confidentiality. If you have a specific concern regarding student safety, you can find the TDSB Parent Concern Protocol: Please click here for link
- Thank you in advance for your cooperation on this matter
- Student engagement on School Council
- Should we engage some students to sit in on council meetings and provide a student’s point of view on events happening in the school?
- What would their participation look like?
- Friday, February 28, 2020 – Movie Night
- Friday, April 24th, 2020 – Movie Night
- Friday, June 12th, 2019 – Family Fest
Upcoming Council Meeting Dates
- Tuesday, February 18
- Thursday, March 26
- Tuesday, April 21
- Thursday, May 21
- Tuesday, June 16