Hello Gledhill families!
We hope to see you at the adults only event tomorrow supporting Gledhill Junior Public School! Tickets are available until 1159pm tonight at https://sagoto.com/gsc/party ! They will also be sold at the door tomorrow night!
We have over 60 items available for you to bid on at our silent auction tomorrow including:
- Gift certificates to many east-end restaurants
- theatre tickets
- fitness opportunities
- kids toys
- a John Tavares jersey
- a suite at a Marlies game
- Cityline tickets
- Kid camp experiences
- and SO MUCH MORE!!!
We are looking forward to seeing everyone that can make it to the Gledhill Leap Day Party this coming Saturday February 29th. Please remember this is a party for all people aged 19+.
Here are some last minute details to make sure you have the best time possible!!
- The entrance to the event can be made by cash, debit or credit card. Online sales close this Friday February 28th at 11:59 p.m at https://sagoto.com/gsc/party. Tickets at the door on Saturday will be $15.
- The 50/50 draw is CASH only. Tickets will be 1 for $5, 3 for $10.
- Silent Auction items must be paid for that evening by cash, debit or credit card.
- The Bar at the event will be run by the Legion and is CASH only.
- DJ Rhino will be spinning as of 8 p.m, this is when the bar opens as well.
- If you have any questions about the event, please email email@example.com
Hello Gledhill families…
Due to the current teacher job action, we have decided to cancel the upcoming Parent Council meeting that was scheduled for this coming Tuesday February 18th.
If you have any comments/concerns or things you’d like to communicate to the council, please get in touch with us through email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/GledhillSchool/
Have a wonderful and safe Family Day weekend!
Our grown ups only Leap Year Party is coming up soon on Saturday February 29th! Parents are invited to come and mingle with the Gledhill and local community members! We will have Gledhill’s own DJ Rhino spinning some great tunes!
To help raise funds for school council initiatives like Drama With Jeff and Scientist in the School, there will also be a Silent Auction where parents can bid on some cool items.
Auction items are still needed!
What can you donate?
- Tickets to a sporting or theatrical event
- An item to help promote your business
- A service you provide that you can auction off
- That brand new appliance or item that is still in the box that you will never use
- An item or gift certificate from your favourite local business
No item is too small(or too big!). Please email email@example.com if you have any questions or something to donate. Items can also be dropped off at the school office.
Note: Some local businesses have already been approached or have offered donations.
Some sponsors for the night we have so far are:
- Jack of Sports Bike Camp
- Jack of Sports Summer Camp
- EY Baseball Clinics – run by our very own Mrs. Pace’s family!
- 18-person BOX at a Toronto Marlies Game for the 2020-2021 season
- The Aviator Restaurant – Gift Certificate
Hello Gledhill families!
Are you missing a mitt, sweater, a boot maybe? Our lost and found was organized and sorted out today. Please come by and/or look at the pictures below and see if your something lost can be found!
Lost and found is located in the basement.
Hello Gledhill families!
Here’s your weekly update of “what’s coming up at Gledhill”!
The character trait for January is “Teamwork”. Every morning the students hear a quote related to teamwork with the morning announcements. January is also Tamil Heritage month in the TDSB and the students have been hearing facts during morning announcements about this rich and ancient culture.
Today the TDSB provided the following labour update regarding report cards: https://www.tdsb.on.ca/News/Article-Details/ArtMID/474/ArticleID/1409/Labour-Update-Elementary-Report-Cards
What’s coming up?
- Thursday January 23rd from 6-730pm: Parent/Family Council Meeting in the school library. All are welcome. Pizza and childcare will be provided.
- Friday January 24th: Pizza Lunch for students in Grades 1-5 who have pre-registered. Can you volunteer to help at this event? Sign up to help at https://signup.com/go/OjuudoY
- Monday January 6th – Friday January 31st: Applications for Junior Extended French which begins in Grade 4 must be completed online within this time frame. Offers of placement within your chosen program will be made to all on-time applicants in the weeks following close of application window. Click this link for more information: https://www.tdsb.on.ca/Elementary-School/School-Choices/French-Programs
- Monday February 3rd: Junior Kindergarten registration available for the 2020-2021 school year in person at the school or online at www.tdsb.on.ca/kindergarten
- Friday February 14th: PA Day **No school today!!**
- Monday February 17th: Family Day **No school today!!**
- Friday February 28th: Movie Night at Gledhill- details to follow. Sign up to volunteer at https://signup.com/go/RGzhQUX
- Saturday February 29th: Leap Year Party- social event for parents, guardians and adult friends of Gledhill! See poster below for details. Tickets available at: https://sagoto.com/gsc/party
- March 16-20th: March Break- No school this week!
Note: These emails are typed up and posted by a parent volunteer on the Gledhill School Council’s Communications Committee. Edits or omissions are made occasionally to protect the privacy of student identities. Some days part of the announcements are read by the students in French. For the purposes of these posts, announcements will be in English.
Date: January 23, 2019
Time: 6:00pm to 7:30pm
Location: Gledhill School Library, 2nd Floor
ALL Parents and Guardians are welcome to attend all or part of the meeting and all are considered members of the Council!
Pizza will be served. Childcare will be provided. If your children are attending, please stay to help clean up the space that they are in when the meeting is over.
Note if the door is locked – please ring the bell and the caretaker will let you in.
6:00pm to 6:15pm – Welcome and introductions
6:15pm to 6:45pm – Principal’s & Committee Updates
- Principal’s Update
- Committee Updates
6:45pm – 7:30pm – Other Items
- Update on job action
- How can Council support teachers and families?
- Any update on impacts to students?
- Determine if we should hold the speaker/workshop on Trauma for the next meeting in February (Feb 18th)
- Promoting kindness and stopping bullying
- Overview of how incidents are handled and what can be done
- Discuss how the Council can help promote, support and positively model relationships and kindness
- Please note: individual incidents will not be discussed to protect confidentiality. If you have a specific concern regarding student safety, you can find the TDSB Parent Concern Protocol: Please click here for link
- Thank you in advance for your cooperation on this matter
- Student engagement on School Council
- Should we engage some students to sit in on council meetings and provide a student’s point of view on events happening in the school?
- What would their participation look like?
- Friday, February 28, 2020 – Movie Night
- Friday, April 24th, 2020 – Movie Night
- Friday, June 12th, 2019 – Family Fest
Upcoming Council Meeting Dates
- Tuesday, February 18
- Thursday, March 26
- Tuesday, April 21
- Thursday, May 21
- Tuesday, June 16