Date: November 21, 2019
Time: 6:00pm to 7:30pm
Location: Gledhill School Library, 2nd Floor
ALL Parents and Guardians are welcome to attend all or part of the meeting and all are considered members of the Council!
Pizza will be served. Childcare will be provided. If your children are attending, please stay to help clean up the space that they are in when the meeting is over.
Note if the door is locked – please ring the bell and the caretaker will let you in.
6:00pm to 6:05pm – Welcome and introductions
6:05pm to 6:20pm – Principal’s & Committee Updates
- Principal’s Update
- Committee Updates
6:20pm – 7:00pm – Other Items
- Photo day clarification and communication
- Understanding of process in 2019 and impact on 2020
- Can the council help in the communication of these events to help parents in the community know what to expect?
- Discussion on upcoming work to rule starting Nov 26th
- How can Council support the teachers?
- What is the impact on the students?
- What is the impact on the Council?
- Discussion about Bag2School Fundraising initiative (interest, timing, etc). Please follow the link below for more information on this initiative:
- Upcoming meeting ideas
- December social
- February meeting – Trauma workshop proposal
- [Time permitting] Student engagement on School Council
- Should we engage some students to sit in on council meetings and provide a student’s point of view on events happening in the school?
- What would their participation look like?
7:00pm – 7:30pm – Follow up on Priority Setting activity
- Discuss follow ups from priority setting activity
- For more information please see last meeting minutes and follow up document with information from the priority setting activity from the last meeting.
- Friday, November 22, 2019 – Movie Night
- Friday, February 28, 2020 – Movie Night
- Friday, April 24th, 2020 – Movie Night
- Friday, June 12th, 2019 – Family Fest
Upcoming Council Meeting Dates
- Note: No December meeting
- Thursday, January 23
- Tuesday, February 18
- Thursday, March 26
- Tuesday, April 21
- Thursday, May 21
- Tuesday, June 16
ORDERS ARE DUE BY THIS FRIDAY NOVEMBER 1st!!!
PIZZA LUNCH ORDERS
Please Order & Pay Online:
Again this year, Gledhill School Council is pleased to coordinate the Pizza Lunch fundraiser for students in grades 1-5 who would like to participate. Proceeds are used to help ALL grades with the cost of programs and resources that enrich the Gledhill School experience such as workshops, Drama with Jeff, and more.
Pizza dates for this school year are as follows:
- Friday, November 29th
- Friday December 13th
- Friday January 24th
- Friday February 28th
- Friday March 27th
- Friday April 24th
- Friday May 29th
- Friday June 19th
Orders must to be submitted by FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 1st. Please note that no pizza will be sold on the day of the lunch. Refunds will not be made if your child is absent from school on a pizza day.
If you have any questions please email GSCPizza@gmail.com . School Council would like all students to be able to participate if they wish to do so. There are funds available to cover the cost for students if finances are a concern.
IF YOU PREFER TO PAY CASH, PAPER FORMS ARE AVAILABLE IN THE OFFICE
Pizza lunches cannot take place without the help of several parent volunteers. If you can help with the setting up and serving of pizza for 1 or more pizza lunches please email us at GSCPizza@gmail.com. Thank you!
Hello Gledhill families!
We are looking for individuals who are able to give a bit of their time tomorrow, Friday October 25th at our first Movie Night of the year!
This is one of the important fundraisers that we do that help raise funds for school initiatives! It is with parent and family help that these events are so successful!
If you’re not able to volunteer for this Movie Night, there are three more movie nights this school year that we will still need help for!
Please check out this link for volunteer opportunities on all four Movie Nights!
On Saturday November 30th, join Gledhill Jr PS and cheer on the Toronto Marlies at the Scotiabank Arena! Tickets for this 1:30pm game are on sale for $20 each at http://sagoto.com/gsc/marlies.
Deadline to buy tickets is Friday November 15th.
Bring your family and friends for a fun afternoon out! Go MARLIES! GO GLEDHILL!
Our newly organized Lost and Found area is located on the lower level of the school.
Parents, guardians and students, please take extra care when looking for item so we can keep the Lost and Found area clean and organized.
If you are able, please include student’s names and rooms numbers on their items at school, this helps get items directly returned to the child.