Hello Gledhill families!
Here’s your weekly update of “what’s coming up at Gledhill”!
The character trait for January is “Teamwork”. Every morning the students hear a quote related to teamwork with the morning announcements.
We wish all families who celebrated Chinese New Year on Saturday January 25th, a Happy New Year.
This is the latest update from the TDSB regarding job action/potential strike days next week on Thursday February 6th and Friday February 7th. https://www.tdsb.on.ca/News/Article-Details/ArtMID/474/ArticleID/1412/Labour-Update-ETFO-Strike-Action-on-Feb-6–7
What’s coming up?
- TODAY – Monday January 27th: International Day of Commemoration in Memory of the Victims of the Holocaust.
- Friday January 31st: SPIRIT DAY – “Gledhill’s Mad for Plaid, eh?” Wear your toque and favourite plaid(or checkered) shirt to celebrate our winter in the Great White North.
- Monday January 6th – Friday January 31st: Applications for Junior Extended French which begins in Grade 4 must be completed online within this time frame. Offers of placement within your chosen program will be made to all on-time applicants in the weeks following close of application window. Click this link for more information: https://www.tdsb.on.ca/Elementary-School/School-Choices/French-Programs
- Monday February 3rd: Junior Kindergarten registration available for the 2020-2021 school year in person at the school or online at www.tdsb.on.ca/kindergarten
- Thursday February 13th: SPIRIT DAY- “Share the Love”. Wear your favourite red/pink/white heart or love inspired message.
- Friday February 14th: PA Day **No school today!!**
- Monday February 17th: Family Day **No school today!!**
- Friday February 28th: Pizza Lunch for Students in Grade 1-5 who have signed up.
- Friday February 28th: Movie Night at Gledhill- details to follow. Sign up to volunteer at https://signup.com/go/RGzhQUX
- Saturday February 29th: Leap Year Party- social event for parents, guardians and adult friends of Gledhill! See poster below for details. Tickets available at: https://sagoto.com/gsc/party
- Friday March 13th: SPIRIT DAY- “March Madness”- Wear your favourite basketball or team jersey/team colours.
- March 16-20th: March Break- No school this week!
Note: These emails are typed up and posted by a parent volunteer on the Gledhill School Council’s Communications Committee. Edits or omissions are made occasionally to protect the privacy of student identities. Some days part of the announcements are read by the students in French. For the purposes of these posts, announcements will be in English.