Hello Gledhill families!
Here’s your weekly update of “what’s coming up at Gledhill”!
The character trait for February is “Fairness”. Every morning the students hear a quote related to Fairness with the morning announcements.
February is African History month, as well as Chinese Heritage month within the TDSB. Gledhill will be recognizing African History and Chinese Heritage through the daily announcements, as well as activities within the classrooms.
There is a STRIKE DAY scheduled this week for Friday February 21st. The school is closed to students on this day. The following up date has been provided by the TDSB regarding the strike days this week: https://www.tdsb.on.ca/News/Article-Details/ArtMID/474/ArticleID/1421/Labour-Update-ETFO–OSSTF-Announce-One-day-Walkout-on-Friday-February-21
What’s coming up?
- Wednesday February 19th: “I Read Canadian Day”. Celebrating the rich and diverse work of Canadian authors and illustrators.
- Friday February 28th: Pizza Lunch for Students in Grade 1-5 who have signed up.
- Saturday February 29th: Leap Year Party- social event for parents, guardians and adult friends of Gledhill! See poster below for details. Tickets available at: https://sagoto.com/gsc/party
- Friday March 13th: SPIRIT DAY- “March Madness”- Wear your favourite basketball or team jersey/team colours.
- March 16-20th: March Break- No school this week!
Note: These emails are typed up and posted by a parent volunteer on the Gledhill School Council’s Communications Committee. Edits or omissions are made occasionally to protect the privacy of student identities. Some days part of the announcements are read by the students in French. For the purposes of these posts, announcements will be in English.