Hello Gledhill families!
Latest Update From the TDSB website: Elementary Teachers’ Federation of Ontario (ETFO) Update: March 9, 2020
The Elementary Teachers’ Federation of Ontario (ETFO) announced today that its members will resume rotating strike action (full withdrawal of services) on March 23 if an agreement is not reached. Negotiations between ETFO, the Ontario government, and the Ontario Public School Boards’ Association (OPSBA) are set to resume on Wednesday March 11. Additional information, including any potential strike dates impacting the TDSB, will be communicated to parents/guardians as soon as they become available.
Here’s your weekly update of “what’s coming up at Gledhill”!
The character trait for March is “Honesty and Truth”. Every morning the students hear a quote related to Honesty and Truth with the morning announcements.
March is Greek Heritage month within the TDSB. On the announcements, famous quotes from legendary Greek philosophers will be shared with the students.
What’s coming up?
- Monday March 9th – Thursday March 12th: X-Dance is at Gledhill!!!
- Friday March 13th: SPIRIT DAY- “March Madness”- Wear your favourite basketball or team jersey/team colours.
- March 16-20th: March Break- No school this week! Classes resume Monday March 23rd.
- Thursday March 26th: Parent Council meeting 6-730pm in the school library. All are welcome!!! Pizza and childcare provided
- Friday March 27th: Pizza lunch for students in Grades 1-5 who have signed up
- Friday March 27th: TDSB Earth Hour
- Wednesday April 8th: Wear Pink to Stand up to Bullying!!- Wear pink clothing or accessories and raise awareness about bullying!
- Friday April 10th: Good Friday- school closed, no classes
- Monday April 13th: Easter Monday- school closed, no classes. Classes resume Tuesday April 14th
Note: These emails are typed up and posted by a parent volunteer on the Gledhill School Council’s Communications Committee. Edits or omissions are made occasionally to protect the privacy of student identities. Some days part of the announcements are read by the students in French. For the purposes of these posts, announcements will be in English.