We hope everyone had a great summer vacation and are ready to head back to school. With the help of the school we’ve put together some FAQs for the start of the year.
If you haven’t already please sign up to receive emails at https://gledhillguardian.com/
When does school start?
- First day is WEDNESDAY September 7th
- Note: Tuesday September 6th is a PA day
Will class lists be available before the first day?
- Yes! Class lists are expected to be posted outside of the Terry Fox Community Centre (building attached to the school, doors north of the main school entrance) Thursday September 1st – we will confirm when lists are available
What can I expect on the first day?
- Classes will line up outside similar to last year, teachers will meet their classes and have clipboards; if you need help please find a teacher with a clipboard.
- Kindergarten classes will line up on the pavement at the back of the school (same as last year but noted for those new to the school)
What time does school start/end?
- Same times as last year; times are the same for kindergarten classes
- First bell is at 8:30am – teachers on duty, second bell at 8:40am – prompt to line up
- Lunch recess is 11:30 – 12:30
- School ends at 3:20
Any specific COVID protocols for this year?
- Protocols remain similar to the end of last year
- There’s no specific requirement to wear a mask but the school remains mask friendly
- Sanitizer and masks will be available to those that need/want them
- There is no requirement for parents to wear masks while on school property
- If your child has symptoms of illness please stay home