Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
- You are invited to the Great Gledhill Bake Sale on Wednesday, April 12 from 11:00-11:30am. Please wear pink and stand up against bullying. Buy a treat for only 25, 50, 75 cents or a dollar. All proceeds donated to Day of Pink – http://www.dayofpink.org Why Pink Day? The Day of Pink is the International Day Against Bullying and Homophobia. It was started in Nova Scotia when straight high school students witnessed a gay student wearing a pink shirt being bullied. The two students intervened but wanted to do more to prevent homophobic bullying. They decided to purchase pink shirts and a few days later got everyone in the school to arrive wearing pink shirts, standing in solidarity. The result was that an entire school took a stand and began working together to prevent homophobic bullying. The message was clear: Anyone can bully, anyone can be victimized by a bully but together we can stop it!
- Uschool Ukelele for grade 4 is in the Music Rm at lunch.
- The Book Fair is open for 2 more days from 8:30 -11:30. The official draw for our door prize took place this morning. The lucky winner was William R. Congratulations!
- Makerspace and Forest of Reading meet at lunch today in the library.
- Today is all day track and field. Teachers please bring students outside after announcements. Students please look for the coach outside for your own grade.