Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
- Tomorrow is Pink Day! Wear pink and bring your change for our Bake Sale. “You are invited to the Great Gledhill Bake Sale on Wednesday, April 12 from 11:00-11:30am. Please wear pink and stand up against bullying. Buy a treat for only 25, 50, 75 cents or a dollar. All proceeds donated to Day of Pink – http://www.dayofpink.org Why Pink Day? The Day of Pink is the International Day Against Bullying and Homophobia. It was started in Nova Scotia when two straight high school students witnessed a gay student wearing a pink shirt being bullied. The two students intervened but wanted to do more to prevent homophobic bullying. They decided to purchase pink shirts and a few days later got everyone in the school to arrive wearing pink shirts, standing in solidarity. The result was that an entire school took a stand and began working together to prevent homophobic bullying. The message was clear: Anyone can bully, anyone can be victimized by a bully but together we can stop it!”
- Primary Choir for Grades 1, 2 and 3 students is today at 11:45 in the Music Room.
- Running Club meets tomorrow at 7:45 at the Terry Fox doors.
- The Yearbook Club meets tomorrow, Wednesday at lunch.
- The Scholastic book Fair was a great success. Today is the last day. Thank you for your support.
- Badminton resumes today. Due to the large number of students, the club will be divided into groups. The lists will be posted outside of Rm 20 for today at first recess. We are not able to accommodate everyone today but will arrange times for each group. Thanks!
- Mr. Currie read quotes and facts to acknowledge Sikh Heritage and Latin American History Months.