Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation.
The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Have you got school spirit? Come join the spirit squad! If you are in grades 4, 5 or 6 meet Ms. Ahmad and Ms. Sorin in Rm 24 tomorrow at afternoon recess.
- Students who have volunteered to be Prefects please meet Mr. Currie and Mrs. McAleese in the small lunchroom after these announcements.
- Students who have volunteered to be Kindie Helpers please meet Mr. Currie and Mrs McAleese in the small lunchroom at morning recess.
- Any grade 2-6 students interested in being part of the special centennial celebration choir please come to the music room at morning recess today to get a permission form. This will be a choir that lasts only 4 weeks. Junior and Senior Choir details will come later this month.
- Mrs Pace’s Phys Ed classes have run all the way from Vancouver to Osoyoos, British Columbia. That’s almost 400 km in only 4 days. Way to go!
Daily Character Message: “Please remember to respect your peers”
Have a fantastic Friday!