Note: The first Gledhill School Council Meeting and Election is scheduled for Tuesday, September 19th. Housekeeping items start t 6:00pm, General Meeting and Elections start at 6:30pm. Further details regarding elected positions will follow. Childcare for school age children and pizza are provided.
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation.
The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Terry Fox forms will be sent home today. This means you have just over 10 days to raise pledges. Let’s all work together to help find a cure for cancer.
- Students in grades 2-6 interested in joining the Centennial Choir should see Ms Bailey today for a permission form
- The Centennial Choir rehearsal begins tomorrow at 11:50am.
- Today in Mrs Pace’s PE classes it’s Fun Fitness Day 5!
- Congratulations to Ms Ahmad, Mme Bey and Ms. Chitayat who completed a 25 km walk Saturday. This effort and all of their pledges will go towards finding a cure for cancer. Well done Gledhill teachers!
- Any students in grades 3-6 who are interested in cross country, please come to Gym 2 (the back gym) during afternoon recess.
Please remember to show respect.
Have a magnificent Monday!