Note: Mark your calendars! The first Gledhill School Council Meeting in next Tuesday, Sept 19th in the library. Housekeeping items start at 6:00pm, General Meeting starts at 6:30pm. All parents are encouraged to attend. Pizza and child care (school aged children) are provided.
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Today is our first all school DPA. You will run around the school yard at afternoon recess. Once you collect 13 sticks you put them back in the yellow bin. Remember, do not break the sticks or drop them. Have a fun run!
- Grade 4, 5 and 6 students who want to try out for the first ever Bordenball team please come to a brief meeting with Mrs. Pace in Gym 1 at morning recess. Please bring all your recess things as you will be going outside.
- Today is Fun Fitness Day 5 with Mrs. Pace’s PE classes. Teachers if we are not in gym 1 for pick up, we are outside at the hockey nets.
- A reminder to all grade 4 and 5 boys of our first soccer tryout tomorrow morning at 7:45 am. Permission forms are due to Mr Webb. Please meet Mr. Webb on the field tomorrow with cleats and shin guards. Second tryout is Thursday at 7:45am.
- Would all the grade 6 soccer girls please meet Ms. Sorin at afternoon recess on the south courtyard.