REMINDER: Tonight, in the school library, is the first Gledhill School Council Meeting. Housekeeping items start at 6:00pm, General Meeting and Election starts at 6:30pm. All parents are encouraged to attend. Pizza and child care (school aged children) are provided. If you are unable to attend, but would like to help out or put your name forward for a role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For details of the council roles, please click here
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Great job to all those students who participated in the Marathon of Hope yesterday. Remember that this Friday after morning recess is our school walk! Make sure all your pledge forms and money are in the office by then.
- The Marathon of Hope continues at morning recess today. Come out and participate and help fight cancer. Teachers look for red star stamps on students who have participated. Yesterday over 75 students got a stamp. Way to go TIGERS! Keep it up!
- Centennial Choir meets today at 11:50am. Wait for Ms. Bailey to pick you up. Attendance is going to be taken.
- All recorders and recorder orders need to be given to Ms. Bailey no later than tomorrow! If you have them with you now, please bring them to the Music Room after the announcements.
- Mrs. Pace needs to see the Grade 6 girls who signed up for the Bordenball Team at morning recess. It will be a brief meeting.
- At 10:30 this morning, the entire school will be doing the “Health Hustle” for 10 minutes. Come out into the hall and look for the Spirit Squad to help you follow along. Kindies – Reps will come to your rooms.