Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Centennial Choir meets today. Wait in your lunchroom and Mrs. Bailey will come get you.
- Join us for the Terry Fox Family Walk tomorrow night at 7:00 after Curriculum Night. Glow sticks will be sold for $1 after school tomorrow and at the walk.
- The Bordenball team needs to meet Mrs. Pace at Gym#1 at morning recess.
- Mrs. Pace’s Gym classes will be outside today as Gym #1 is being used for Photo Day.
- Congratulations to the two students (names and classes omitted here) who knew answers to the Music Trivia question. See Ms. Bailey for your prize.
Mr. Currie talked about:
- Working outside today
- Re-hydrating during recess and lunch.
- Today is Photo Day
- Tomorrow is Curriculum Night 6-7pm
- Orange Shirt Day is Friday
Have a Terrific Tuesday!