Reminder: Tomorrow, Tuesday, September 26th, is Photo Day at Gledhill!
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Today is Franco-Ontarian Day. Ontario is made up of many different cultural groups that help make Ontario the great place it is to live. Every Sept 25th, 1 million, 700 thousand Ontario citizens, who speak French, recognize their cultural group on this day. Bonne journee!
- Girls grade 6 Bordenball practice day at noon. Meet in Gym 1.
- Today is an all school DPA run at PM recess. Please make sure to return running sticks to Ms. Bailey & the yellow bin.
- Today in Mrs. Pace’s PE class its Fun Fitness Day 5.
- Reminder to all boys soccer team members of our practice tomorrow morning at 7:45am. Meet Mr. Webb on the field ready to go.
Mr Currie talked about:
- The days of significance
- Safety around the equipment
- With the heat – reduce amount of running exertion, take breaks, stay in the shade and re-hydrate frequently.
Have a marvelous Monday!