Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Uschool Ukulele starts today! Grade 4 students go to the Music Room at 11:30 with your lunch and ukuleles. Grade 5 players will go to the Gym.
- The girls Bordenball team will play their first game on October 4th at 1pm at Gledhill. Home turf advantage. Congrats girls!
- Mrs. Pace’s Fun Fitness day 5 is outside unless weather is rainy.
- Attention students in grade 2 and 3. If you are interested in joining Makerspace Club come to the library at morning recess for a brief meeting. You will be going outside after the meeting.
- Reminder to all staff and students that there will be a Respect and Responsibility Assembly during Period 3. Please bring your certificates.
- The boys soccer team needs to meet Mr. Webb outside the gym office during afternoon recess.