Note: The Gledhill 100th Anniversary Celebration Committee is looking for parents who can help with a half hour shift or two at the Gledhill 100th Anniversary Celebration “Cafe” on Saturday, October 14, 2017. Parents are needed to help 12:30 – 4pm with set up, serving food/refreshments and then with clean up. Email email@example.com if you are able to help.
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Tomorrow’s Centennial Ukulele practice is cancelled.
- Gledhill would like to welcome all the visiting Bordenball teams. The field will be off limits all day today.
- Mrs. Pace needs to see the Bordenball team today at AM recess. Please find her outside.
- All boys soccer team are to meet Mr. Webb outside the gym office after you eat at 11:45. We will hand out your jerseys and briefly chat about our game today vs Norway at 4:00pm.
Mr. Currie talked about:
- The days of significance – Sukkot
- The heritage months
- The Somali Heritage quote of the day.