Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Centennial Ukulele players. Our practice is cancelled today. See you next Thursday!
- Reminder to all Grade 5 Soccer players that we will have a practice on Tuesday morning at 7:45am.
- What a day! 3 wins in a row. Wow! Our girls soccer team made it all the way to penalty kicks in the finals yesterday and what a team they are! Truly a wonderful team with great spirit. Good job girls.
- A huge congratulations to the girls Bordenball team who, despite missing half the team, played very well yesterday.
- A special thank you to the staff for helping during recess times.
Mr Currie talked about:
- Quote of the day
- Days of significance (Kathina Ceremony/Pavarana Day, and World Teachers Day)
- Prefects, please come to the main office.
- Continued safety outside with the equipment.