Note: Movie Night is this tomorrow, October 20th, and the volunteer parent crew is still looking for 2 people – One to help set up from 5:30 -6:00pm and one to sell popcorn from 5:45 – 6:45pm. Please email email@example.com if you can help out.
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Primary Choir permission forms are available this week for Grades 1-3 students. Please get one from Mrs. Bailey if you would like to join.
- The Gledhill Athletic Club applications are ready to be picked up from Mr. Webb at his office during afternoon recess. Please read through the list of responsibilities and if still interested in applying, then fill in the backside of the application and give it to Mr. Webb by Monday, October 23rd.
- Running Club permission forms are available outside on the Music Room purple board.
Mr. Currie talked about:
- Days of Significance – Diwali and Bandi Chhor Divas
- Spirit gear deadline is October 24th