Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Wow! What a great response yesterday to become part of the Gledhill Athletic Club! Over 25 applications were handed out and, due to the overwhelming response, Mr. Webb will have another 10 ready to hand out during afternoon recess. If interested, please come to the gym office to get one. All applications are to be handed to Mr. Webb Monday, and a list of students who have been chosen will be posted outside the gym office on Wednesday.
- Rugby team will have our first gathering on the field Monday morning at 7:45 am. All interested students in grades 4, 5 and 6 may come out. Teams will be chosen by mid-week next week. Our tournaments take place November 2nd.
- Spirit Wear samples are outside the gym until October 24th.
Mr. Currie talked about:
- This Spirit Wear order is the last “paper order”: next Winter/Spring will be paperless (some forms will still be available in the office) as we are working to be eco-friendly.
- The Spirit Wear order will take about 4-6 weeks to arrive.