What’s on this week:
- Eco Club @ Lunch
- Chess @ Lunch in Rm 25
- Principals for the Day
- Spirit Day – COZY PAJAMA DAY!
- Carol Singing at 1pm.
- Last Day of School 2017
Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Don’t forget to wear your PJs tomorrow!
- Today’s “How to Green Your Holidays” hot chocolate winner is “J” from Rm 20. His wonderful idea is to make a donation to an environmental charity as a gift instead of buying things. Thanks for this idea! There are lots of great charities that do work for animals, ecosystems and water. Your hot chocolate will arrive later today.
“Principals for the Day” Ms. Swain and Mr. Hillier talked about:
- Days of Significance
- Wearing your winter clothing
- Caroling in the gym at 10:30
- Kindie Helpers meet after the announcements in the small lunchroom.
- Prefects meet in front of the office after lunch.
Please remember to stay out of the mud!