Highlights from this morning’s announcements:
Read first: “I would like to acknowledge that this school is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of Scugog, Hiawatha, Alderville First Nation and the Métis Nation. The treaty that was signed for this particular parcel of land is collectively referred to as the Williams Treaties of 1923 and applies to lands east of Woodbine Avenue. I also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.”
- Teachers, please send any paper to be recycled down to the basement recycling bins today.
- Message from Eco Club: Our final hot chocolate winner is “I” from Rm 24. He has two suggestions—#1: donate food to people who need it and #2: compost any leftovers in the in the proper green bin. This is an important way to help ensure that recyclables are not contaminated with food waste.
- For all staff who contributed to the group gift: if you would like to meet in front of the main office at 11:30 am for a short presentation, that would be great!
Mr. Currie talked about:
- Days of Significance
- Make sure you wear the right winter gear for the weather!
- There will be carolling today at 1 pm in the gym.
- Today is Pajama Day and WOW, there are lots of people wearing awesome chillaxing gear!
- Today is also the last day of school in 2017. Have a safe, relaxing holiday, and we’ll return on January 8th!